New Version available: RawDigger 0.9.16
RawDigger is a computer program intended for viewing, studying, and analyzing raw files from digital photo cameras and some digital video cameras.
RawDigger allows the user to
- View the original (that is, prior to any processing) pixel values in the raw file.
- Plot and save raw data histograms per channel for both the entire file as well as for an arbitrary rectangular area of the file (selection). The histograms can be saved as graphics or as a table providing for convenience of further external processing.
- Calculate the statistics per channel (minimum, maximum, average, root-mean-square deviation) for the entire file.
- Calculate the statistics per channel and save the results in a processing-friendly form - CSV, CGATS (for an arbitrary number of rectangular areas of the file).
- Save the compression (tone) curves of raw files in a tabulated form (for cameras and raw data formats where such curves are used).
Windows version of RawDigger runs on a computer with Windows (XP, Vista, 7), 32 or 64-bit, 1GB memory, CPU supporting SSE2 or higher (Intel Pentium 4 or newer). Screen resolution should be 1024x768 or more.
Mac OS X version requires Intel-based Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.8, 32 or 64 bit. The program may work under 10.4 too (again, only Intel Macs), but this configuration is untested.
The beta version of RawDigger relies on Internet connection.