In the time since RawDigger 1.2 was released, a certain number of requests from our users has piled up, which we have now fulfilled.
This has caused changes in the menu, Preferences, and user interface; thus, the increase in the sub-version number from 1.2 to 1.3.
- Sample coordinates can now be saved and restored
- to save sample coordinates, press the 'Save samples' button in the Samples dialog (number 1 on the picture below), then choose the 'Coordinates only' option (number 2 on the picture below) and press the 'Save' button (number 3 on the picture below) in the Save dialog. By default, the file will have an .rds extension.
- to load samples, press 'Load' in the Samples dialog (number 1 on the picture below); the next dialog presents the option to clear the existing samples before loading (number 1a on the picture below) if they exist and hadn't been removed earlier.
- Brighten section at the bottom bar of the main screen (as shown on the picture below - checkbox (1), entry field (2), Apply button (3)) - available for RGB render mode only.
- When the checkbox is enabled, it gives one access to the entry field that controls the increase in brightness entry field and the Apply button, to apply the changes.
- The brightness is increased via a gamma change, highlights are not clipped.
- Preferences - Display Options - Allow autoexposure to clip % (highlights)
- This new setting controls the relative amount of pixels that can be clipped when autoexposure is applied, and thus it controls the amount of lightening applied through autoexposure.
- After this, Brighten can still be applied
- Preferences - Display Options - RGB rendering color space,
- For this new setting, the choices are: sRGB (default), Adobe RGB, Wide Gamut RGB, ProPhoto RGB.
- RawDigger doesn't use color management, the output to the screen is direct; the user of a monitor that is set to emulate Adobe RGB or, more generally, wide gamut monitors may benefit from selecting Adobe RGB here; other options may become useful if you want to display less saturated colors.
- Preferences - Misc Options - Minimize subwindows together with main window
- If this new setting is enabled, minimizing the main program window will also cause minimization of Histogram, Samples, and EXIF windows.
- Restoring the main window will also cause those child windows to be restored too.
- (Windows and Mac OS X/macOS 10.9+) An option to switch to full screen mode has been added, Menu - View - Fullscreen or F11
- Buttons to minimize / maximize the Histogram and Samples windows are added.
Camera support added
- Fujifilm GFX100 (uncompressed files only)
- Olympus TG-6
- Fixed inconsistency in Use Linear Curve option:
- it is decoupled from 'Use RawSpeed Library' option
- if 'Use Linear Curve' is enabled, RawSpeed isn't used
- if 'Use RawSpeed Library' is enabled, the option to change the curve (in the bottom line of the main screen) is blocked.
- Some of the settings have been moved from 'Misc Options' to 'File Handling' section of Preferences.
- Exiftool updated to version 11.48
- English: Rawdigger-Manual-EN.pdf
Windows (XP - 10)
Mac OS X
- OS X/macOS 10.6-10.14, 32/64bit (not compatible with OS X 10.6-10.7 in 32-bit mode): RawDigger-22.214.171.1242.dmg
- Legacy (32 bit, Mac OS X 10.6-10.7): RawDigger-126.96.36.1992-Legacy.dmg
Beta version changelog
- Build 612: bug fixed: CSV data was appended to CGATS exportBuild 611: first public 1.3-beta