As a routine while color profiling one needs to sample many color patches. This can be achieved by setting Selections manually and subsequently transforming Selections into Samples, but in RawDigger we offer a more productive and convenient method of processing the color targets.
Grid-type selection is activated via menu: Selection->Selection Grid. You will be presented with the Grid Parameters dialogue that allows to control the grid parameters.
- Grid Size: number of the cells that form the grid
- Minimum cell size: the minimal number of pixels that compose the cell of the grid; while interactively changing the size of the grid this number limits the cell shrinking.
- ROI relative size: the averaging of the values under the cell shall take part from the central portion of the cell, as defined by the region of interest, ROI, marked in red. ROI: the ratio of the cell side size (sell being displayed as the red rectangle) to the size of the side of sampling rectangle (this rectangle is displayed as grey).
- Cell Naming and Numbering: controls the naming of the cells:
- Start from corner: to select the corner at which the first cell is placed
- Walk order: the order in which the cells are numbered, column first or row first
- Naming order: one of the 4 methods of cell naming
- Show Cell ID/Name on Grid: to display (or not) the cell names
- Place Grid: to place the grid on the screen
- Remove Grid: to remove the grid from the screen
- Selection to Samples: fills the Samples (deleting the old content if the checkbox to Clear Old Samples is set)
- Hide Grid Controls: to hide the grid control dialogue.
After the Place Grid button is pressed the main program window displays the grid. All the grid parameters except the Grid Size (grayed out) can be altered using the Grid Parameters dialogue.
You can move the grid on the screen:
- Moving the corners:
- While the left mouse button is pressed you can move one corner.
- While Ctrl is pressed simultaneously with the left mouse button you can change the dimensions of the grid
- To drag the whole grid set the mouse pouinter to the center of the grid, press and hold the left mouse button and do a drag.
After the Selection to Samples button in Grid Parameters dialogue is pressed the sample table is filled with the readings named in accordance with the cell naming scheme.
You can process and save these readings in a usual way (save as CSV or CGATS, delete table rows, display histograms of selected samples, etc).
The last set of Selection Grid parameters are automatically saved and reused when the program is restarted.
Selection grid is enabled only in RawDigger Profile Edition.